Salesforce Gets Artificial Intelligence
Updated: Dec 29, 2022
Einstein is the new Salesforce Artificial Intelligence
Coming in Spring of '17, Salesforce's Einstein is an exciting new artificial intelligence that is baked into the Salesforce platform. Einstein is like having your own data scientist dedicated to bringing AI to every customer relationship. It learns from all your data — CRM data, email, calendar, social, ERP, and IoT — and delivers predictions and recommendations in context of what you’re trying to do. In some cases, it even automates tasks so you can make smarter decisions and focus more attention on your customers.
Among the many of its applications throughout the platform, I wanted to highlight a few of the ones most relevant to the sales process:
Predictive Lead Scoring
Automated Activity Capture
1. Predictive Lead Scoring: Einstein Lead Insights uses a combination of data science and machine learning to discover the patterns of lead conversion in your business, and predict which leads to prioritize. The lead score appears in the Einstein component on lead detail pages. The component also shows sales reps which lead fields have the greatest positive (1) or negative (2) influence on its score.
When you or your users add the Score field to list views, hovering over a score (1) displays the insights (2) behind the score.
2. Lead Insights: Lead Insights periodically re-analyzes your historical leads and updates the scores for your current leads accordingly. Lead Insights includes a dashboard with reports that show key lead score metrics for your org.
Average Lead Score by Lead Source
Conversion Rate by Lead Score
Lead Score Distribution: Converted and Lost Opportunities
3. Opportunity Insights: With Opportunity Insights, Einstein users get predictions about which deals are likely to be won, reminders to follow-up, and notifications when key moments in a deal take place, shown on the Home page, opportunity records, and in list views too!
Here’s an example of Opportunity Record Page
All these views can be configured and also the kinds of Insights can be chosen:
Deal Predictions: See predictions based on recent activity and existing opportunity data, such as whether a deal is more or less likely to close, or if a deal seems unlikely to close in time.
Follow-Up Reminders: Get reminders to follow-up when a contact hasn’t responded in a while, or if there hasn’t been any communication related to an important opportunity for a significant period of time.
Key Moments: Get notified when key moments related to a deal take place, such as when a contact mentions a competitor or is leaving their company.
4. Account Insights: Account Insights appear in the Einstein component on account records and the Home page. With Account Insights, your team stays informed about key business developments that affect their customers.
Account Record Page: Each Account record shows up to three insights, and each insight shows up to three of the most relevant articles. All Einstein users with access to the record can see the insights.
Home Page: On the Home page, Einstein users see insights based on the accounts they own and the accounts of which they’re an account team member.
5. Salesforce Inbox – Automated Activity Capture: With Automated Activity Capture, Einstein users can connect their email and calendar to Salesforce. Then, their emails and events are automatically added to related Salesforce records and used by Einstein to generate insights. This feature is new in Lightning Experience.
6. Salesforce Inbox – Einstein Analytics: Each Sales Cloud Einstein org gets five Wave app permission set licenses. If you assign the permission set license to a user, they can access the activity reports from the Einstein Analytics tab.
Some Einstein features will be included at no extra charge to existing Salesforce users, other will require additional licensing. Pricing and feature sets have not yet been released as of January 2016.
If you are interested in leveraging the power of AI for your organization, give us a call or send us an email for a free consultation. We are a team of Salesforce certified professionals centrally located in the Brewery District of Columbus, Ohio.